If your PAN Card is Lost, You have to re-apply for New PAN Card through PAN Card Correction forms! To re-apply, you should know your current PAN. If you don’t know what’s your current PAN, You can find it online using this know your PAN Tutorial!. During that time, you can Know your PAN using the same process as you check the status of your PAN. You can Check PAN Card Status online on two websites, NSDL and UTI. Procedure to check PAN card Status on both websites is given below:
How to Know your PAN?
Know your PAN on NSDL
It’s easy to know your PAN Card Application Process. Just Visit NSDL’s Official page that looks like the following image.
And, Here’s the Information to Fill in this form If you don’t know much about it.
- Application Type: PAN – New / Change Request
- Acknowledgment Number: Your Acknowledgment Number or you can fill Name Instead.
- NAME: Your Full Name as arrangement given.
- Date of Birth: Date of Birth/Incorporation/Agreement/Trust/Formation/Association in DD/MM/YYY Format.
After filling this information, You can click on Submit button, and you’ll Get Your PAN Card Status just like the following Image.
Finally, You got your PAN Card Status quickly using this method. It’s always the best to use Official Application to check PAN status.
Know your PAN on UTI
In this case, You should have your Application Coupon Number for PAN Card Tracking. Here’s the Official Page of UTI to Track PAN Card. The page will look like the image given Below.
Here’s the information to Enter in the Form if you don’t know about it.
- Application Coupon Number: The Coupon Number of your Application. You should get it when you apply for PAN Card.
Once entered, You can click on Submit to get Current Status of your PAN Card.
This process is also known as PAN Card Tracking. You can Repeat this process regularly to Track your PAN Card. It will just take 2 minutes to check the Status of your PAN Card by following this tutorial.
Know your PAN on Income Tax Official Website
If you need to find out other details of your PAN card, you can do so through a slightly longer process. The details of your PAN including your address is available to you after you register on the Income Tax Department e-Filing website. Follow the process below:
Go to the Income Tax Department e-Filing website.
- Click on “Register Yourself”.
- Select your user type as applicable and click on “Continue”.
- Provide your basic details.
- Fill up the Registration Form and click on “Submit”.
- An activation link will be sent to the email address provided by you. Click on this link to activate your account.
- Log in to your account on the e-Filing website.
- Select “Profile Settings”
- Select “My Account”.
- The following details will be displayed under “PAN details”:
- PAN number
- Name of Assessee
- Date of Birth
- Address of Assessee
- You can also view your address and contact details in separate tabs.